If you require any vaccinations relating to foreign travel please collect a Travel Health Questionnaire form from reception or download from the link below.
Appointments for travel advice are only given following submission of this form. When the doctor/nurse has assessed your vaccination needs, a member of staff will contact you and offer you an appointment for any necessary vaccinations
It is important to make this initial appointment as early as possible but we require a minimum of 6 weeks’ notice to provide vaccination. If you are due to travel within the next 6 weeks, we would recommend you contact one of the MASTA travel clinics
The following travel vaccinations are free to patients and are provided by the surgery:
The following travel vaccinations are not provided by the Surgery.
If you require any of these vaccinations, you will be directed to one of the travel clinics detailed below.
Encephalitis, tick borne
Rabies, pre-exposure only
As well as ensuring you have had all the necessary travel vaccinations, it is always a wise precaution to pack some essential items in case of illnesss on holiday. Our nurses will be happy to help if you have any questions. And if you are taking prescription medicines, don't forget to pack these too and ensure that you take enough supplies for the whole of your trip. Bon voyage!
- Travel sickness tablets if required
- Rehydration solutions eg Dioralyte
- Anti-diarrhoeal tablets eg Imodium
- High factor sunscreen
- Insect repellent
- Condoms/ other contraceptives
- Don't forget to arrange appropriate medical insurance
- If visiting Europe, it is also recommended that you apply for an European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) which allows you to receive free healthcare in participating countries (EEA countries and Switzerland). Forms can be obtained from most Post Offices.
MASTA Travel Clinics:
Kerrsland Surgery http://www.kerrslandsurgery.com/travel-clinics
169 Upper Newtownards Road, Belfast
Tel 028 9065 7138
Lisburn Travel Clinic www.lisburntravelclinic.co.uk/
Level 2, Lisburn Health Centre
Tel 028 9250 1281
Other information can be sourced from http://www.masta-travel-health.com/
There is further information about countries and vaccinations required on the links below